Meyer Sound UPA-1P Powered Speaker
Its extraordinarily flat amplitude and phase response ensure tonal accuracy and precise imaging over a wide, symmetrical listening area. This predictable array performance allows for maximum system design flexibility.
The UPA-1 is ideal for concert halls, clubs, houses of worship, theatrical sound reinforcement, portable and installed audio-visual systems, and cinema surround sound and effects.
Product Weight: 77 lbs
Dimensions: 14.50″W x 22.40″H x 14.30″D
Operating Frequency Range1: 60 Hz – 18 kHz
Frequency Response2: 80 Hz – 17 kHz ±4 dB
Phase Response: 600 Hz – 16 kHz ±35°
Maximum Peak SPL3: 133 dB
Dynamic Range: >110 dB
Coverage: Horizontal: 100°; Vertical: 40°
Crossover4: 1200 Hz
Low Frequency: One 12″ cone driver
Nominal impedance: 2Ω
Voice coil size: 3″
Power-handling capability: 400 W (AES)5
High Frequency: One 3″ compression driver
Nominal impedance: 16Ω
Voice coil size: 3″
Diaphragm size: 3″
Exit size: 1.4″ throat
Power-handling capability: 100 W (AES)5
Type: Differential, electronically balanced
Maximum Common Mode Range: ±15 V DC, clamped to earth for voltage transient protection
Connectors: Female XLR input with male XLR loop output or VEAM all-in-one (integrates AC, audio and network)
Input Impedance: 10 kΩ differential between pins 2 and 3
Pin 1: Chassis/earth through 220 kΩ, 1000 pF, 15 V clamp network to provide virtual ground lift at audio frequencies
Pin 2: Signal
Pin 3: Signal – (optional polarity reversal switch)6
Case: Earth ground and chassis
DC Blocking: Differential DC blocking up to maximum common mode voltage
CMRR: >50 dB, typically 80 dB (50 Hz – 500 Hz)
RF Filter: Common mode: 425 kHz; Differential mode: 142 kHz
TIM Filter: <80 kHz, integral to signal processing
Nominal Input Sensitivity: 0 dBV (1 V rms, 1.4 V pk) continuous average is typically the onset of limiting for pink noise and music
Input Level: Audio source must be capable of producing a minimum of 20 dBV (10 V rms, 14 V pk) into 600Ω to produce maximum peak SPL over the operating bandwidth of the loudspeaker.
Type: Two-channel complementary MOSFET output stages (class AB/bridged)
Output Power7: 550 W total
THD, IM, TIM: <.02 %
Load Capacity: 2Ω low channel, 16Ω high channel
Cooling: Convection; 24 V DC output for optional external fan
Connector: PowerCon or VEAM
Voltage Selection: Automatic, continuous range from 90 VAC to 265 VAC
Safety Agency Rated Operating Range: 100 VAC – 240 VAC; 50/60 Hz
Turn-on and Turn-off Points8: 90 VAC on, no turn-off, only fuse-protect above 265 VAC
Current Draw: Idle Current: 0.25 A rms (115 VAC); 0.13 A rms (230 VAC); 0.3 A rms (100 VAC)
Max Long-Term Continuous Current (>10 sec): 2.8 A rms (115 VAC); 1.4 A rms (230 VAC); 3.2 A rms (100 VAC)
Burst Current (<1 sec): 3.2 A rms (115 VAC); 1.6 A rms (230 VAC); 3.7 A rms (100 VAC)
Ultimate Short-Term Peak Current Draw: 5.0 A pk (115 VAC); 2.5 A pk (230 VAC); 5.8 A pk (100 VAC)
Inrush Current: <9 A pk (115 VAC and 230 VAC)
RMS Network (Optional): Equipped for two-conductor, twisted-pair network, reporting amplifier operating parameters to system operator’s host computer.
1. Recommended maximum operating frequency range. Response depends on loading conditions and room acoustics.
2. Free field, measured with 1/3 octave frequency resolution at 4 meters.
3. Measured with music at 1 meter.
4. At this frequency, the mid- and highfrequency transducers produce equal sound pressure levels.
5. Power handling is measured under AES standard conditions: transducer driven continuously for two hours with band-limited noise signal having a 6 dB peak-average ratio.
6. Two additional input module options are available with a polarity reversal switch and an attenuator (0 dB to -18 dB): one looping and one with two inputs for mono summing.
7. Amplifier wattage rating based on the maximum unclipped burst sinewave rms voltage that the amplifier will produce into the nominal load impedance. Low channel 30 V rms (42 V pk) into 2 ohms; high channel 32 V rms (45 V pk) into 16 ohms.
8. No automatic turn-off voltages. Voltages above 265 V AC are fuse protected but may cause permanent damage to the power supply. Voltages below 90 V AC may result in intermittent operation.